Byron K. Dixon Jr. (@BKD_TV)
With NBA heading towards the annual Christmas showcase here are the top ten teams (power rankings-wise) at this current moment. The usual names are at the top but there a few newcomers that are destined to make some noise heading into 2017.
1. Golden State Warriors– The Warriors only have four losses and seem to be finding their groove not only on offense but on defense as well.
2. Cleveland Cavaliers– Remember that three-game losing streak the Cavs had? Great, me neither the Cavs will continue to run the east.
3. Houston Rockets– James Harden has a strong chance to win MVP this season. Winners of seven straight Houston looks to have made the right choice bringing in Mike D’Antoni.
4. San Antonio Spurs– The Spurs quietly have only lost five games, their offense has played well. Kawhi Leonard is their MVP.
5. Toronto Raptors– The raptors are the second best team in the East right now and are playing like it. With an All-Star backcourt in Lowry & DeRozan playing like it look out.
6. Memphis Grizzlies– An under maned Memphis team still knows how to grind out victories in the tough Western Conference. Health will be the biggest key moving forward.
7. Utah Jazz– The Jazz are top ten in offense and defense, that is a recipe for success night in and night out. They need to string together more wins against teams above .500.
8. Charlotte Hornets– The Hornets have a lot of depth on this young roster. Cody Zeller has improved his rim protector abilities.
9. Chicago Bulls– The bulls are a tough out every night due to their veteran leadership. having D. Wade has made a world of difference especially in their overall execution.
10. OKC Thunder– The Russell Westbrook show continues to roll on. The triple double machine has put the NBA on notice and he will not slow down. the thunder will always give 110% with Westbrook leading the way.
On The Outside Looking In:
LA Clippers- Who are the Clippers? At one point it looked like this may be their year and now they seem to the same Clippers who win 55 games and lose in the second round. doc Rivers has to get this team back to the defensive level they were at during the first 20 games of the season. The have had some good wins but some bad losses as well.
Boston Celtics– This Celtics team has a chance to be the #2 seed in the East. However, with the injuries to key players, Brad Stevens has his work cut out for him. They need Isaiah Thomas back ASAP.
Don’t Look Now:
This may sound far fetched but the NY Knicks at 14-10 and find themselves in the top four of the Eastern Conference. With Melo, KP & D.Rose, this team can be formidable but with no bench help coming to life who knows what the future hold for the Knicks this season.